11.19.2007

A bonfire isn't a bonfire...


...when there's no one to share it with.

This is a wonderfully blurry picture (hey, I didn't have my camera with me...only my phone) of the burn pile I spent several hours watching yesterday. Faire site needed some clean-up and what is the best way to get rid of evidence...er...trash? That's right! Burn it! But back to the blurry picture. I think it looks like lava. What do you think? Maybe if I had gotten closer, it REALLY would have looked like an erupting mountain! I couldn't get any closer though...that sucker was HOT!

Man, it was really goin' there for a while. Of course, I didn't think to take a picture of it until everyone else had moved on to different jobs and I was left watching the fire. By this point, it was almost out. I was wishing I had marshmallows.

Oh, and the giant stump there in the middle? Yeah, it's still in the ground. And boy did that thing stay solid! Apparently we're going to have to try a different removal method.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at that fire. I saw what it looked like reflected in your eyes. If only you could see life through my eyes. Alone? Never.