2.21.2008

Purple

"I love you, you love me..."

Should I continue? Or do you all know exactly where this is going?

That's right. This post is all about our favorite dinosaur. Did I say favorite?



Let me explain...

I met Barney a couple of years ago here in St. Louis. He's actually a really cool guy! He's been known to play some really great music, tell some really funny jokes, and I've even heard that he may be a pirate. Ok ok, so maybe I don't know BARNEY...but I know someone that's been in that suit.

Our story starts with this little band called The Bilge Pumps. At one time, Preston was a member of said band along with several other people...including Patrick. According to Preston, he and Patrick had some pretty crazy times together with everyone in that band. (if you haven't already, ask Preston about the fudgesicle incident and the 'fun with black powder' adventure) Patrick came to St. Louis a couple of years back while on tour with the Barney show and we got the chance to hang out with him for a bit.

*I don't really know how he ended up as Barney...and I don't think I really want to know. But I digress.

We had heard that Patrick wasn't feeling so well, so Steph and I (and I say 'I' very loosely here it was ALL Steph's idea, I only encouraged it) decided to cheer him up by coloring these:





*these aren't the actual pages Steph printed out for us to color...but it's been a while. I don't remember which pages we actually did. And I'm pretty sure we captioned them inappropriately too...


Yeah, we knew we were risking looking like the complete dorks that we are...but heck. Why waste time on trying to look like we weren't dorks. We then presented them (quite proudly if I remember correctly) to him.

So, what's the point of this story? Other than the fact that this week's color is purple and Barney is THE purple dinosaur?

I just wanted you all to know that I (and a few very select others) are now the COOLEST kids on the block. That's right. WE know Barney.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The fudgesicle story is my favorite story of all the stories ever. I laughed long and hard at that one. It's just brilliant.

And I'll admit that meeting Barney *was* lots of fun. Him talking about imitating Regis Philbin was hilarious. Hopefully he'll come through town again soon.

Larry said...

He became Barney, because...wait for it...wait for it...





















His mom is a talent scout(if I'm remembering correctly. If not y'all waited for nothing) hehehehhehehehehehehehe....hehehehehehehehehehe.....












heheheheheheeheeheh.

SpinKick said...

As soon as I pulled this up on my bloglines, I was like "NO SHE DIDN'T!" Just in reference to Barny at all, though I did then remember Preston's friend.

Tracie said...

MMMWWWWWWAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!


:)